Thank you for recognizing the importance of supporting your local otolaryngology community and applying for membership in the Northwest Academy of Otolaryngology. Your participation and financial support is essential as we continually strive to strengthen our organization.
An active member shall be licensed to practice Medicine, will reside in the State of Washington, and shall have completed formal residency training in otolaryngology. A candidate must submit an application to the Academy. Membership requires a majority approval of voting members at a regular business meeting.
An associate member may be granted to those persons who represent allied specialties. Payment of regular annual membership dues shall be required. Associate members are not eligible to hold an elected office or vote. Membership shall require an application process and an approval as above.
An honorary member shall be elected at the discretion of the Academy Board of Directors. They shall not be eligible to vote or hold office.
Members who retire from all remunerative active practice and have been a member of the Academy for more than 10 years, may request emeritus status. The Academy Board of Directors may upon application, grant a member who is incapacitated for health reasons and for this reason is unable to engage in active practice. Emeritus members are not eligible to vote or hold office.
NWAO Membership Gives You The Following Benefits
- Reduced registration for our annual winter CME program
- Access to our biannual dinner meetings, one in the fall and spring
- Newsletter that keeps members up to date on issues affecting Otolaryngologists
- Membership Directory
- Student support through scholarships, leadership development, and reduced CME fees
- Leadership opportunities through encouragement and endorsement to participate in the local and national otolaryngology community
- Networking through the academy’s conferences, newsletters, website, and committees which provide opportunities for otolaryngologists to meet professionally and socially
- Effective representation of members of the profession to government agencies, health professionals, the general public, and the AAO.
Renew Your NWAO Membership
Thank you for renewing your membership in the Northwest Academy of Otolaryngology and for recognizing the importance of supporting your local otolaryngology community. Your continued participation and financial support is essential as we continually strive to strengthen our organization.
Contact Becky Constantine, Association Executive, at the NWAO Office at 206-956-3635 or send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org